Sausage & Beer Festival
Sausage & Beer Festival 2020: 24th & 25th July
More sausages, more beer
A big thank you to all that came along to the fifth Camp Hill Sausage and Beer Festival it was a sizzlin' success. We would also like to thank all the traders, butchers, bands, RAF Leeming, Saving Yorkshire's Dog Charity Dog Show, Mark Cockburn, Richard Ferrand and everyone involved in the weekend without them the festival simply could not go on.
What went on..
Over 30 different types of ales from the local area and beyond
A sausage-tasting competition like no other - who will be crowned Yorkshire's Best Sausage?
Live music from a host of incredible musicians and acts
A German Bierkeller venue serving delicious lagers to an Oompah soundtrack
Street food galore at The Market (with plenty of sausages)
Food demonstrations including the infamous Andy Annat and the Crackerjack BBQ!
Dedicated children's area 'The Chipolatas' with entertainment and facepainting
Vintage fairground for the little (and big) kids
Masons Yorkshire Gin Bar
Charity Dog Show for Saving Yorkshire's Dogs - will your pup win 'Waggiest Tail'?
Camp Hill Woodland Kingdom will be open all weekend
Proud to be supporting Yorkshire Air Ambulance.
Yorkshire Best Sausage Competition Entries
- Cockburn's, Bedale - Pequillo Peppers and Mature Cheddar
- Cockburn's Bedale, - Thai Basil
- Yorkshire Lean Meats, Tadcaster - Swaledale
- Yorkshire Lean Meats, Tadcaster - Camamalised Red Onion
- Beavers, Masham - Welsh Dragon
- Kitsons, Northallerton - Caramelised Onion and Smoked Chorizo
- Dobsons - Cononal Mustard
- Thompsons, Northallerton - Old English
- Kendalls, Pately Bridge - Pork and Tomato
- R + J, Kirby Malzeard - English Pork
- Ox Close Game, Wetherby - Partridge and Apricot
- Ox Close Game, Wetherby - Pigeon and Bacon
- Appletons, Ripon - Pork
- Appletons, Ripon - Old Style (Gluten Free)
- Yorkshire Dale Meats, Bedale - Farmhouse Pork
- Yorkshire Dale Meats, Bedale - Linconshire
- Elite Meats, Harrogate - Smokey Maple & Chilli
- Halls, Leyburn - Pork, Duck & Cherry
- Campbells, Leyburn - Gin and Tonic Sausage
- Heck, Kirklington - Italian Pork
- Heck, Kirklington - Plain Pork
Yorkshire Best Sausage Results
1st Place: English Pork Sausage (10) by R + J Butchers
2nd place: Pequillo Peppers and Mature Cheddar (1) by Cockburns Butchers
3rd place: Old English (8) by Thompsons Butchers